General Counsel 100%
Your chance to join the financial revolution!
About Crypto Finance Group
Crypto Finance Group is a multi-award winning company and one of the most respected fintechs in Switzerland, with offices in Zug, Zurich, and Singapore. We enable traditional and institutional investors to invest in digital assets such as bitcoin and ether. Professionalism is our focus, but innovation and speed are equally important. With our three divisions – crypto asset management, brokerage, and storage infrastructure and tokenisation solutions – we are perfectly positioned to help professional investors enter the crypto market.
We are looking for an experienced General Counsel to manage the group’s legal function, and provide professional, pro-active advice and support to the Board of Directors, management, and staff in Switzerland, and all local affiliates on a wide range of business, regulatory, and strategic legal issues. The successful candidate will be able to ensure legal compliance and limit risk exposure.
- Support the implementation of the business strategy and operations, while acting as trusted advisor and value adding business partner
- Provide cross-functional legal support (e.g. employment, regulatory, M&A, general company, and contract law)
- Prepare, review, and negotiate all types of contracts and other legally relevant documents, incl. relevant standards, templates, term & conditions, and policies
- Anticipate and support the management and the Board of Directors regarding risk topics; risk assessment of contracts and projects
- Provide advice on corporate governance, corporate housekeeping, and contract management, incl. Company Secretary
- Manage internal and external claims, litigations and arbitrations
- Select, instruct, and monitor external law firms
- Point of contact and liaison for national and foreign regulators
- In charge of the group’s contract management
- Monitor legislation that could affect the group’s operations, and propose and implement relevant action and policies to ensure compliance therewith
- Inform management and Board of upcoming legislative initiatives and changes
- Manage and support legal and regulatory audits, internal investigations, and requests from Swiss and foreign authorities
- Develop, guide, and train personnel group-wide on all relevant legal and compliance matters
- Law degree from a European university and bar exam; LL.M., MBA or similar degrees would be a plus
- At least 5 years‘ Swiss Legal practical experience both in-house within Swiss-regulated Financial Services industry, and at a renowned law firm
- Excellent knowledge of Swiss Financial Market Regulations, including banking and securities laws
- Crypto knowledge and knowledge about the unique characteristics of the crypto market highly beneficial
- Fluency in English and German
- Ability to analyse business requirements from a Legal & Regulatory perspective, and transform them into actions and guidelines
- Proven track record in leadership and management skills; experience in the assessment and development of legal staff
- High personal integrity; distinctly entrepreneurial approach
- Solution-driven, pragmatic, goal-oriented, and assertive with a diplomatic flair
- Proactive with a hands-on approach and a positive "can do" attitude
- Analytical and organisational skills; ability to handle various complex projects efficiently and simultaneously
- Effective and independent work style
- Be part of a leading company in the crypto asset space
- Gain deep insights into crypto asset trading, market making, and execution strategies
- Work in an inspiring, dynamic, and rapidly growing industry
- Join a team-oriented and entrepreneurial culture
- Take part in and contribute to knowledge sessions on crypto assets
The starting date is as soon as possible. If you have a Swiss work permit or you are an EU/EFTA citizen, please send us your full application in German or English, incl. a cover letter, CV, and references.
- We do not accept CVs from recruiting or staffing agencies
- Due to the Swiss labour legislation, we can only accept applicants who have the right to work in Switzerland (are in possession of a Swiss work permit or are EU/EFTA citizens). All other applications will not be considered.
8002 Zürich, ZH, Switzerland